(This post contains the recipe for Stuffed Peppers)
Well only 1 more day!! I’m quite excited to eat a chocolate bar…but in reality I’m also looking forward to a new clean eating diet. I will not be as strict as I’ve been for the past 14 days, but generally just a healthier, cleaner diet! This is the last day of proper recipes. Day 14 will just be a left overs day – which is also a Sunday so I don’t have time to cook a proper meal, but that is beauty of leftovers!
BREAKFAST: Toast and Eggs
That’s whole wheat toast – none of that white bread stuff!
Well…that’s not 100% true. Because I ate breakfast late I wasn’t hungry around lunch time. But I had a few healthy snacks throughout the afternoon. Made some popcorn – kernels into a homemade bag made out of parchment paper then topped with a tiny bit of butter and salt. Some peanuts.
DINNER: Stuffed Peppers
There was a recipe on the Bless This Mess site – where I’ve gotten most of the recipes for this challenge – but I basically completely changed it since I didn’t like some bits and didn’t have other bits in. So you can follow one of the links on the previous posts to find it if you’re interested, but I only really got the cooking times from it.
Chicken & Rice Stuffed Peppers
-2 chicken breasts, cut into smaller than bite-sized pieces
-4 bell peppers
-1/2 cup dry brown rice (cooked)
-1/2 grated cheese
1. Cook chicken pieces until no longer pink. Boil rice until cooked. Preheat oven to 375F
2. Cut the tops off the peppers and scoop out the seeds.
3. Place a pinch of cheese in the bottom of each pepper
4. Fill peppers with rice and chicken mixture
5. Top with cheese
6. Place peppers into a muffin dish (helps hold them in place). Cover with foil and cook for 25-30 minutes. Remove foil and cook for another 5 minutes.
You can add in corn, black beans, use quinoa instead of rice, there are tons of options for this recipe – just don’t use anything processed or pre-packaged and it remains clean!